Friday, February 13, 2015

"Kraken is around.."

 Tie your boats, they are in danger of sinking.. 

Well, carnival time has come in Greece and yesterday was <Tsiknopempti> the day that everyone is in costume and have fun by eating and drinking with friends. 

As you can see, this year I was the monster of seven seas. The fear and terror of every sailor. The biggest enemy of boats... Kraken. 

I really like this time of the year. I love wearing costumes and play a role this day. Years ago, I was 'Poison Ivy, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson and Pop Art GIrl'. Those were my faves. 

Each year, I enjoy trying to make the costume and the make up myself. Or just buy a wig and try to combine my regular clothes or some special pieces to be the character I chose. 



We really had a very nice time last night-my friend was a 'Party Animal'..

I did the make up by myself and made those little vessels from cardboard and paper. I also made a big one from a paper bag as a "folder bag".
The piece that I believe that match perfectly with the whole attitude was my top with the lace sleeves which is my mother's- a vintage piece and took it from her for general use-thought that would look that pretty with my costume, last moment.

























Forests' Nymph

No comments:

Post a Comment